Thursday, February 07, 2008

Auto-Fun of the Day::2-7-2008

quote: "Education is the silver bullet. Education is everything. We don't need little changes. We need gigantic revolutionary changes. Schools should be palaces. Competition for the best teachers should be fierce. They should be getting six-figure salaries. Schools should be incredibly expensive for government and absolutely free of charge for its citizens, just like national defense. That is my position. I just haven't figured out how to do it yet." (Sam Seborn, The West Wing)

links:
  • My Gay Dreams Fulfilled: Ugly Betty's Writers Finish Gossip Girl's Season Finale ... (@nymag)
  • YES WE CAN!!! TOTALLY!: Obama and Clinton Brace For Long Run (@nytimes)
  • "I’d spent an hour and $150 saying pretty much the same thing about myself [to my shrink], going on and on about how I’d recently realized, among other things, that I was a complete hypocrite about money, on the one hand constantly and tediously bemoaning where I’d come from and carrying this ridiculous grudge around toward people who’d grown up with money or made a ton of money or somehow overtly expressed their comfort with having money, while on the other hand wanting so much of what those people have": Joel Lovell on Why The Recession May Restore the City We Moved Here For (@NYMag)
  • An Argument for Taking Video Games Seriously. Like Books. Alastair Harper ponders if "Readers Should Get Game Literate" (@The Guardian UK)
  • "Today's single men hang out in a hormonal limbo between adolescence and adulthood" Kay Hymowitz on The Man-Child. (@Dallas Times)