So, Peaches closed up. She was a good writer and had a cute ass. Sigh.
Lozo is gonna become a sports blog for a week in September 'cause he's dissatisfied with the best sports blogs lately so he's gonna try to do it himself. Maybe I'll turn Auto-Straddle into a full-fledged After-Ellen/Queerty/Our Chart BUT BETTER blog for a week. I could solicit donations in exchange for earplugs that Haviland once wore in her actual ears. Basically what I'm offering you is a chance to enter the solar system on the tails of a big bright shining star. Take it or leave it.
Actually; that's not such a bad idea. I could persuade my favorite lesbos to write fun things [pay it forward!], and I could see my friends even less than I already do. Okay I just had like 50 ideas at once, I need to take a nap. Or go to sleep. Ha!
[it features staged photographs from children's drawings.
It's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen, like ... ever.]
insomnia poem #9:
i was playing "swimming pool"
when my computer froze
under the ice, hearts beating still
inspiration's dumb dirt has done its best to
be soil, to rise up. i make my own snacks.
right now it's nuts & dark chocolate in a zip-lock bag,
delicious like sid vicious.
this is the skinny bitch diet.
i don't remember the last time i cried
i used to cry every day.
january '02 i said to jake: "everyone's a couple now.
everyone has a boyfriend or girlfriend now."
including me, including jake, including everyone
like i said everyone everyone everyone is coupled now
and i asked "why is that?"
and jake said: "because of 9-11!"
he got married this year it was in the times
same girl, they wed on a big green farm (it was in the times)
everything like pearly fine wine
crystal always says "whinge" not "whine."
she does this
because of australia.
I like the idea
that complaints have wings,
that they can fly
that they can carry everyone along.
quote: "Life can't be sustained under the pressure of so many eyes. Even as we try to reveal the mystery of ourselves, to catch it unawares, expose its pulse and flinch and peristalsis, the truth has slipped away, burrowed further inside a dark, coiled privacy that replenishes itself like blood. It cannot be seen, much as one might wish to show it. It dies the instant it is touched by light." (from Jennifer Egan, Look At Me)
1. The Lesbian Lifestyle, the website that accidentally gave me second place in the Best Lesbian Blog of the Year Contest (clearly I deserved an A+ or a medal, not a second place), got innovative with their bid for a free copy of our next book club book LYING: A MEMOIR and interviewed Haviland "Chi Chi" Pekor and it's super awesome for serious! Also they got a little redesign over there & it looks hot. Read it! My favorite part is the girl that commented "I had no idea who she was" and the one that said "growl!" To that, I imagine HPS would have only one thing to say: "RAWR." (Will this paragraph last 'til tomorrow? We'll see!) (@the lesbian lifestyle)
2. "Race: The Impossible Conversation" includes Why Obama Isn't Doing Better in the Polls and Talking About Not Talking About Race. (@nymag)
3. I have a lot of questions about this article: Pornography: The Oldest Patron? (@the guardian uk books)
4. Sunday Conversation: "Interview with Weeds star Justin Kirk" (@la times)
5. Sam is doing my fashion icon: The Ronsons as The Royal Tennenbaums (@vanity fair)
6. FriendFeed crawls Twitter, Flickr and YouTube so you don't have to. (@slate)
7. I can't, 'cause I haven't seen Season Two yet, but you can: Watch the Heroes Scenes the Strike Rescued You From (@io9)
8. Statistics reveal: "An African American family with the same income, family size, and other demographics as a white family will spend about 25 percent more of its income on jewelry, cars, personal care, and apparel." A New Theory of the Leisure Class: Inconspicuous Consumption (@the atlantic)
9. Watch this, it's so spot-on, I love it: Cosmopolitan Institute Completes Decades-Long Study on How To Please Your Man (@the onion news)
10. The sad part is that all of these people will fail and the factory will succeed.