This is your last day to nominate me for The Lezzies. Haven't I been so lovely and not aggressive about it? Yes, yes I have. So please do nominate Autowin and/or Autostraddle for Best Personal Blog (or humor? or culture and entertainment? or the best overall?) and be sure to verify your vote by email. Don't stress if you don't know who to nominate for every category, just do the ones you know.
Quote: "I believed in a good home, in sane and sound living, in good food, good times, work, faith, and hope. I have allways believed in these things. It was with some amazement that I realized I was one of the few people in the world who really believed n these things without going arond making a dull middleclass philosophy out of it. I was suddeny left with nothing in my hands but a handful of crazy stars." (Jack Kerouac, On the Road: The Original Scroll)
- On "10 Days in the Life of a Tampon," et al -- Rebecca Traister investigates "Female writers getting graphic about the messiness of their bodies ," at Salon.
- RECAP of The L Word Episode 604: Leaving Los Angeles .
- Sugar Rush: No Limits For Real
- "And so, when it finally happened, because it was bound to happen, we all knew it was only a matter of time, we felt, in the midst of our curiosity and terror, a certain calm, the calm of familiarity, we knew what was expected of us, at such a moment." - Steven Millhauser's "The Invasion from Outer Space " at The New Yorker.
- New York Magazine investigates How Tweet It Is: Are the Creators of Twitter Living in a dreamworld of possibilities ... and not making any money.
- Gawker points out that The Talking About the Talking about the 25 Things Thing is like so over for crying out loud.
- Will Obama's administration be more Sex-Positive: nerve.com looks at the future of teen pregnancy, abstinence education, HIV and STDs, Reproductive Rights and Queer Issues.
- Dorothy Snarker calls TV out in Hollywood to Lesbians: We're Just Not That Into You .
- Interview with Michael Robbins at my bff the village voice. He's the perfect poet who wrote 'Alien Vs. Predator ' which I linked to also in auto-fun not so long ago.
- The Daily Beast's Peter Beinart says "Ignore the Republicans " because "if the economy is better off in four years, they lose."
- n+1 does a Britney Spears Symposium .