1. French fries with hummus, ranch dressing, or ketchup. Also, the honey mustard sauce at Wendy's is primo for french fries. Some people require a lot of ketchup, like it's blood or something, there was a boy in my high school who brought ketchup with him to school, he didn't think they gave him enough., like Miss Pig's Bulk Buy.
2. Mashed potatoes with lots of butter and cream mixed in, or the mashed potatoes & gravy from Boston Market.
There's something about eating mashed potatoes & butter alone that feels sad. Like you've accidentally signed up to live your life in foam, and it's delicious, and you're full and fat of it, like a soft pleasant puppy is napping happily in your stomach. That's how I love mashed potatoes, alone and hearty like that.
3. Rye bread, toasted, with butter.
4. Yogurt bowl = base of yogurt bowl is Stonyfield Farms Fat-Free yogurt in a fruity flavor. it is then mixed with Kashi cereal (your choice -- basically you chose by texture, not by flavor) and accented by fresh berries (ideally raspberries) if available. If not; dried fruit, almonds, frozen fruit de-frosted and the real fruit from the yogurt bottom will have to do). Alternately if you'd like to make a yogurt bowl on the go, just get a Nature's Valley Granola bar and then crumble it up while it's still in the packing, then when you open it you have granola-sized bits of Nature's Valley to insert, one by one as you eat, into your fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt.
I believe Yogurt Bowl as it is currently known to myself and my peers was invented by Natalie Raaber in the year 2003. Nat's variations include nuts, pieces of chocolate, and bolts.
5. A salad with grilled chicken and portabello mushrooms, that hippie brand of Basalmic Vinagrette with Amy the earth goddess or whoohawhatevs on the bottle. They make a great one at the Skylight Diner, Haviland and I order it for delivery so much that we can just refer to it as "Our Salad." Even Alex can be like "do you guys wanna get your salad to split, and I'll get one of your salads too?" and we're like sounds good. add dinner roll, no peppers, extra melba crackers, no onions. We've been sharing that salad since 2006. And the beat goes on.
6. Pinkberry medium coffee flavor -- and here i must pause, for they are going to discontinue it for the season and replace it with pomegranate or something lame-o like that. With bananas, raspberries and granola.
7. English muffin toasted with melted munster cheese on top.
7a. Grilled cheese sandwich with cheddar cheese
7b. Quesadilla, plain, just cheese.
8. Whole wheat eggo waffle toasted, buttered, with syrup, two smushed together syrups-side down, then eaten while they are still sticky, getting your hands all sticky and then the computer desk all sticky too, but it's okay, because your mouth is having a serious pool party.
9. Cheeseburger from Better Burger . I pretend to like their fries 'cause I am pretending to be a person who'd eat healthy fries if they were available oh! here they are! yum yum!
10. I like to get a grande skim latte and eat it while also eating a little trail mix of cashews, almonds and dried cherries (they sell it highly-processed at Starbucks, or you can get it yoruself at a health food store) or while also eating peanut butter crackers (the Ritz kind that come in a 6-pack in the style of Peanut Butter & Toast crackers, 'cause the Ritz ones are way better and more buttery and the little Ritz ones are shit) or orange peanut butter crackers. I used to sometimes have that blueberry coffee cake they had at Starbucks, but the Calorie Count on everything is sort of a buzzkill.
There's some foods that I love but I don't love to eat these foods 'cause they make me feel icky about myself afterwards, like apple cobbler, cupcakes and big cheeseburgers, so I only eat them on special occasions. Those foods aren't on this list because this is a list for foods I like to eat.
11. Vodka tonic. Really, I think it tastes good now. Between vodka-tonic and juice, I pick vodka-tonic. Between vodka-tonic and Coca-Cola Classic -- tough call. Probs go with the Coke. But that's not gonna make me feel fleetingly infinite (the kind of feeling infinite where you're totally aware of and at peace with the fact that it will only be infinite for a few moments more). I do like it though. I'm not going to sell you products made by asshats, but I do like that drink. I can tell you the truth about that. Sometimes a girl has nothing else she can say besides this is what I like to eat. I mean that I'm not starving, therefore, I am not sad feeling all the time. I'm not like any of the people I just read about in I Live Here. I'm in America, and we just elected Obama, and I have food on the table, or in the pot if it's ramen. So I am okay. I have nothing to be sad about, I am lucky. Look at all the foods I like! All of those I like to eat them. I like expensive foods too but I don't put them on this list 'cause I don't like to eat things that make me stress about money, so I can only eat them when I'm rich that day or someone else is paying. Anyhow that's not important. What's important is how we are hungry.