1. Tomorrow (Thursday) evening, while the rest of you are watching Friends and Seinfeld, Carly and I will be creating a vlog for your entertainment pleasure. If you have any questions for Carly, topics you'd like to see discussed, L Word scenes you'd like re-enacted or special comments about the DUke of eDunburgh award you'd like to hear out loud, please do say so.
2. As you may or may not've gleamed from my careful presentation of Haviland's personality traits, Haviland and I are very different. For example; Haviland plans ahead for the future, and I live as if I will get hit by a car tomorrow. Also, because I drink and have ADD (and she doesn't), it's far more likely that I will get hit by a car tomorrow. Haviland's type is "whomever is on the cover of MORE magazine," and I'm a little more Teen Vogue. What's the point of all this? Well, because of our divergent approaches to life, we give very different advice, like Lipstick & Dipstick!*
SO! We're gonna start an advice column segment here on Auto-Win; we think it'll be funny. We've been talking about this for about nine months now, which tells you how good I am at getting things off the ground. "Launching" if you will. I secretly give really good advice. Many of you perfect strangers enjoy telling me about your girl troubles anyhow, so I figure this way it'll be official.
We'd like to stress that this is not a girls-only advice column. This is for men, women, men who used to be women, women who used to be men, people who don't believe in gender, and stuffed animals.
And, if you give us your address, Haviland will mail you an autographed headshot sprayed with her perfume. I haven't run this part by her yet, but I'm sure it'll be fine.
E-mail your questions for Hav & Riese's yet-unnamed advice column: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can be anonymous or named. Whatevs. Ask anything.
* The advice columnists at Curve: The Lesbo Magazine.
quote:""That's the thing about depression: If you really allow yourself to feel it, it gets very boring, very fast." (Brenda, Six Feet Under)
1. I would really like an Obama-Clinton ticket, thank you. (@nytimes)
2. In Case of Actual Death. (@kfan)
3. Lisa Simpson: Feminist Hero -- a supreme video montage. (@jezebel)
3. I can't really say anything about this article without being sarcastic, so um, here it is: "The Science of Sarcasm" (@nytimes)
4. "Tour-Ettes Syndrome": a ride on the Sex and the City bus. (@radar)
5. "Conversations My Parents Must Have Had While Planning to Rasie a Child"
DAD: I don't think we should talk about feelings.(@mcsweeneys)
6. The Art of Complaining (@financial times)
7. How lovely: Why Poetry Matters. (@the independent)
8. E.g., Hoop by Rae Armatrout. (@poetry)
9. I don't know why I find this unbelievably interesting, but I do: "What I Ate This Morning: A 60-Person Poll." I had a Lean Pocket and a Venti Iced Skim Latte, FYI. You? (@nymag)
10. [Photos: Julia Fullerton-Batten]