Friday, February 08, 2008

Auto-Fun of the Day:: 2-8-2008

quote: "For over two months now, since quitting my job, I had rarely entered the 'outside world' ... it was a narrow world, a world that was standing still. But the narrower it became, and the more it betook of stillness, the more this world that enveloped me seemed to overflow with things and people that could only be called strange. They had been there all the while, it seemed, waiting in the shadows for me to stop moving." (The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle)

links:
  • "Every day, I write about 7,000 words; this means that every three weeks, I write the equivalent of an extremely long book. Sure, this book would be unreadable, and reviewers would certainly point out that none of the links went anywhere, but the word count would hold." Will Leitch of Deadspin: "Writing A Book? Piece of Cake." (@Publishers Weekly)
  • Margaret Cho: bisexual and bi-candidate (@Huffington Post)
  • Cream of the Top: America's Next Top Model Exposed Recap (@fourfour)
  • Artist Guy Ben-Ner does IKEA, becomes my hero: Artist in Residence (@nymag)